Good Wednesday Afternoon!
I spent the majority of my evening out showing homes yesterday, and those showings helped to inspire today’s article. CURB APPEAL! My clients viewed several homes yesterday, and they expressed their displeasure in the curb appeal for at least two of the homes.
Now, when my partner and I list a home for sale, one of the first things that we encourage our sellers to do, is to walk in the home using the front door. Does that sound a little fishy to you? Well, if you think about it, when you pull your car into the garage, and walk into your home from your garage…. how often do you really even see your front door? The front of your home is the first visual a buyer sees before entering! Sure, they may be blown away by granite in every room or that full finished basement… but if when they are standing on the front porch while the Realtor is opening the door, and they look around and see chipping paint, broken porch railings, and a bird’s nest above your front porch light… it’s going to take away from some wow factor and the over all price they’ll dish out for your home!
So — before you think about selling your home… THINK CURB APPEAL! Here are a few things to check for:
1) Roof and Chimney (if applicable) – Your shingles should be intact with none missing, and the mortar between the bricks should be secure. Although expensive to have to replace… a roof or chimney in bad shape will discourage potential home buyers!
2) Gutters – You should repair and clean your gutters regularly! Nothing says, “poor home maintenance” better than weeds sticking out of a gutter!
3) Windows and Trim – Check the paint around your windows. If the paint is peeling, scrape and repaint! Replace any broken glass, and clean the windows from both the inside, and out!
4) Get Nice, New Numbers For The Home Exterior – Replace those old digits on the outside of your house, and give your address a makeover! Stop by a Home Depot or a Lowe’s and find something that matches your house!
5) Power Wash Your Home – Buy, rent, or borrow a power washer and give your home a good cleaning!
6) Rid Your Front & Back Porches Of Any Unwanted Residents – If while walking the perimeter of your home you notice a bird’s nest above your front porch light, or a bee hive hidden in your back deck… remove the unwanted guests immediately!
As always thanks for reading and to find out more about us… click HERE!
We would be Happy To Meet You!